Shader and Texture Artist
We are looking for someone who can help develop the artistic look of the material expressions in our game world. Using your considerable expertise in photography, Photoshop and node-based shader creation tools, you will craft photorealistic organic and inorganic materials, as well as complex animated special effect shaders such as water, fire and smoke. You’ll work with the Game Director, Level Designer, and 3d Artists to achieve a consistent, high-quality style. In addition, you will tutor other artists in shading techniques, and work with our programmers to identify and develop new techniques.
- A solid understanding of PBR workflow from start to finish.
- A complete understanding of texture creation tools such as Substance or Quixel Suites, and can use it to create a wide variety of stunning shaders in tools such as Maya, 3ds Max, and Unreal’s node-based shader graphing tools.
- Excellent Photoshop skills, but find yourself more and more attracted to procedural techniques.
- Good understanding of how to optimize shaders while maintaining high quality.
- General understanding of modeling, animation, UV mapping and rendering.
- The eagerness to learn new tools, engines, and pipelines.
- At least 1 year of professional experience in either games or movies.
- You love sharing your knowledge and teaching artists around you the latest tricks and best practices.
- At least 10 hours per week available to work and chat via Skype.
- Majoring or majored in Digital Art or another related field.
- Knowledge of photogrammetry workflow.
Please note: Applications submitted without a portfolio or demo reel will not be considered. After a successful first interview a test will be given. Please be prepared for this.